With our Dec. 6 Future Smarts conference a little more than a month away, this is a great time to share a few of the themes we will explore this year.
We are in a pivotal reset period for the global beverage industry following the extreme disruption caused by the Covid-19 pandemic. To help sort it out, we’ve assembled an exceptional lineup of speakers who are well-placed to evaluate the implications of the past two years and share insight on what to expect. They include leaders from Coca- Cola, PepsiCo, Danone North America, Canopy Growth, Swire Coca-Cola USA, Goldman Sachs, and Barclays. More will be announced any day.
Throughout FS21, we will examine critical industry themes and questions including:
• Challenges and opportunities as lines blur between alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverage innovation, brand ownership and distribution.
• On the heels of Coke’s purchase of BodyArmor, how will big beverage companies further diversify their portfolios?
• The sustainability of beverage pricing growth in the US and the cost picture ahead.
• Which trends and consumer habits will stick post-pandemic? What new trends may be on the horizon?
• How will consumer and governmental reaction to plastic packaging progress, and how far should industry go in finding a solution?
Look for a full Future Smarts agenda this week. For those who haven’t attended before, expect a fast-paced day (roughly 11a to 6p) of 30-minute sessions, including interviews and panels, designed to cover lots of ground without putting a burden on your schedule.
I should note that this year’s event is again virtual, for reasons you all understand. While we can’t wait to get back in-person next year, do know that our online event is still hosted in real time, so speakers are live and the content fresh. We like that kind of energy, and we think you will, too.
-- Duane Stanford, Editor & Publisher
© 2022 Beverage Digest.
Design, CMS, Hosting & Web Development :: ePublishing